1. The property known as LE PUY RENOU is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by R.L.MATTHEWS (the Owner) to the renter (the Client).
2. To reserve the "Property", the client should either complete the online booking form at puyrenou.co.uk or complete and sign the paper booking form. Payment of the initial non-refundable deposit (25% of total rental due) must accompany the booking. Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, the owner will send a confirmation email. This is the formal acceptance of the booking.
3. The balance of the rent is payable not less than eight weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, or should any payments be reclaimed by PayPal, the owner reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. The client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless the owner is able to re-let the Property. In this event clause 4 of these booking conditions will apply. Reservations made within eight weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
4. Subject to clauses 2 and 3 above, in the event of a cancellation, refunds of amounts paid will be made if the Owner is able to re-let the "Property", and any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refundable amount. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party's personal belongings, public liability etc, since these are not covered by the Owners insurance.
5. The rental period shall commence at 2.00 p.m. on the first day and finish at 11.00 a.m. on the last day. The Owner shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated.
6. The maximum number to reside in the "Property" must not exceed eight and a baby, unless the Owner has given written permission.
7. The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and take good care of the "Property" and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. The Client also agrees not to act in any way, which would cause disturbance to those resident in neighbouring properties.
8. The Client shall report to the Owner without delay any defects in the "Property" or breakdown in the equipment, plant, machinery or appliances in the "Property", and garden. Arrangements for repair and or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
9. The Owner shall not be liable to the Client:
i) for any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the "Property", nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliance in the "property" or garden.
ii) for any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather
conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the Owner.
iii) for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the " Property" shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, the Owner shall within seven days of notification to the Client, refund to the Client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
10. Under no circumstances shall the Owner's liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Owner for the rental period.
This contract shall be governed by English law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in England. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be bought in any court of competent jurisdiction in England.